Awning windows are a renowned window style as they provide plethora of benefits while offering amazing look with both contemporary and conventional architecture. The awning windows are available in different materials which permits beautiful distinctive designs and functionality.
How do awning windows function?
Awning windows open through a hinge usually outward. Screened on the internal side of the window, a chain winder permits you to open it to the space you want. They can be locked in open position.
Where can you use awning windows?
Awning windows are commonly used at places which need an open-able window. They can be placed on higher position on the walls in comparison to other open-able windows. They can also be sited over benches and furniture and offer access to the window to get opened. It makes them completely practical in kitchens and bathrooms. Another point which makes awning windows a must inclusion in your bathrooms and bedrooms is that they allow to you to maintain complete privacy.
Benefits of awning windows
- Awning windows have a complete perimeter pressure seal. It lowers down all the external noises and makes it is a perfect inclusion for high wind locations and offers higher insulation. Awning windows have higher insulation properties which makes them a great match for high performing glass options.
- Awning windows have endless designing possibilities. They can be placed at low or high heights. They are grouped together to enhance better airflow and maintain aesthetics of your home. You can have wide and narrow sashes and everything you want.
- Awning windows are recommended for both modern and traditional style homes. The size, frame and place to be sited states its architectural effect.
- Awning windows can also be opened while it is raining. The window opens on the outside from the top hinge and allows ventilation from the sash’s bottom, without any danger of water entering the room.
- Awning windows can be teamed up with other styles of windows
- They can be placed higher on wall and you can also add other windows. Higher window placement helps in bringing more natural light and ventilation to the room and gives you more wall space and maintains your privacy too.
- Awning windows render more privacy opportunities in comparison to the other windows. When you use them you can even keep your open-able windows closed most of the time.
- Awning windows can easily be locked in open position. It means they are a great option for those who want proper ventilation and don’t want to compromise with the safety of their home at the same time.
- When lowering the sash size and add more panels, awning windows offer better ventilation in comparison to sliding windows, sash-less windows and single or double hung windows.
However, there is one downside of these windows and that is they aren’t recommended for terraces, walkways and decks. But, if you want to enhance energy efficacy, sound insulation and privacy of your home, then awning windows are the most suitable option for you. If you are looking forward to install awning windows, then get hire professional installation services for this.