If your HVAC system at home breaks down, it can turn out to be too expensive sometimes to call in a serviceman when the problem can be fixed by yourself. This will save you a lot of money. This guide will help you with how to repair HVAC? And finding the issues pertaining to your residential HVAC system and determine whether the problems are major or minor, you will also be able to realize if its time for repairs or needs complete replacement of the system.
How to repair HVAC system?
Here is a guide for repairing HVAC system and some of the HVAC problems and their possible reasons for the issues:
- The HVAC system is blowing out hot air.
- One of the reasons could be a dirty filter. When the air filter is clogged, it will restrict the flow of air and then starves the system of cool air. A dirty filter may also result in the freezing of the system. Merely replacing the filter may help in rectifying this issue. If you are not familiar with its replacement, contact an HVAC technician.
- A blocked condensate drain line, if the flow of air in the drain line is not free, then the condensate cannot drain from the system. This may result in the build-up of water in the evaporator coil and will result in its freezing. It is advised to turn the system off and then wait for the ice to melt and then clean the condensate line.
- If the refrigerant is low or if there is a leak in the refrigerant leak, do not refill it by yourself as overcharging the refrigerant will result in an adverse effect on the HVAC unit. It is best to call an HVAC technician for this.
Air is not coming out of the HVAC system.
- Check the outdoor unit. If there are blockages caused by leaves, dirt, and other debris, then it could obstruct the flow of air.
- Check the air vents. Accumulation of dust and other particles in the air vent might also result in the blockage in the flow of air.
- Check the compressor. If the compressor fails to function, then it will not be able to pump refrigerant into the system. It is a serious problem and requires immediate attention.
If you are not sure of the issue and what remedy to take, then you can contact the HVAC in Midtown to determine the best solution for your issue.