The floor is an essential part of the renovation project. You can make the look classy or elegant by selecting a carpet of your taste. The whole place shall reflect your personality. It will be a bright colorful place if you want to shout out youthfulness. Or it can be a quiet and delicate design in beige or grey and show how settled you are in your inner self. It is all about the design, color, and material you select that will be reflected. Hire a good carpet fitter for the job to get a satisfactory job done at your home and make it perfect.
Here are a few tips for getting the carpets installed at your home:
- Furniture: you should be sure to move away from all your furniture before you have the carpets installed. This will make sure you will not miss out on any corner as well. The people working to install the carpet are anyway not paid to move the furniture. And it will also save the furniture from any damage due to scratches. And make space for the people to install the carpet so that they do a fine job and get finished soon.
- The floor beneath: when your old carpet has been ripped off, make sure you check for may damage that needs attention. As later you will have to take out the newly installed carpet to repair the floor. So, this can be a multipurpose job. Any imperfections that you leave unattended can also cause tearing of the new carpet being installed, thereafter the loss will be greater than estimated. Even if there are no damages still be sure to get a thorough cleaning done so that the installation is correct and perfect finish in the first go.
- Molding or casing: if you have a moldingon the floor then you will have to take it out first. So that once the carpet has been installed, the molding can be put in place over that for a final look. Also, the molding or the casing can be polished or touched up later. This will give your home an additional elegance to the whole look.
- Wrinkles: if wrinkles have appeared on your floor, then you must consult the carpet fitters. They will be the best judge of the situation. Because if the repair is in time, you will not need an entire floor revamping to be done.
- Be aware of the doors:if the doors do not close properly after the carpet installation you will have to rip the carpet to get the doors adjusted. So, it will be double the trouble. So be sure to adjust and fix all the doors before the installation of the carpets. Also, leave a little space for the doors to run freely over the carpet. It must not rub. Else there will be severe damage to the carpet in the corner. This will lead to discoloration and tearing of the carpet that will need a replacement of the whole carpet.