If you’re considering bungalow renovation in Auckland, there are a few things to consider before getting started. For Example, What style do you want your bungalow to be? This blog post will explore some top ideas for renovating your bungalow.
The bungalow was once a popular style of house in Auckland, but many bungalows are now in need of some serious renovation. If you’re considering bungalow renovation, it’s important to assess how much work needs to be done. For example, some bungalows may only need cosmetic updates, while others will require more structural work.
Top Ideas for Bungalow Renovation
Once you’ve assessed the work needed, it’s time to start planning your bungalow renovation. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Give your bungalow a makeover with a new coat of paint and some landscaping: One of the quickest and easiest ways to give your bungalow a makeover is with a new coat of paint. You can choose to paint the entire bungalow or accentuate certain features. If you’re unsure what colour, consider consulting a professional painter or designer. In addition to painting, landscaping is another way to spruce up your bungalow’s exterior.
- Add some new plants and flowers: Adding some new plants and flowers is a great way to add some life to your bungalow. For example, you can add some hanging plants or vines to give the bungalow a more natural look. Choose plants that are native to Auckland for easy care and maintenance.
- Include a bungalow-style fireplace: One of the best ways to add character to your bungalow is with a bungalow-style fireplace. Fireplaces are the best idea to add warmth and ambience to any room, and they can be particularly cozy in a bungalow. If you’re unsure how to incorporate a fireplace into your bungalow renovation, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the size of the fireplace. Second, choose a location for the fireplace that makes sense. Third, ensure the chimney is in good condition and up to code.
- Add an extension or second storey to increase the size: One of the best ways to increase the size of your bungalow is by adding an extension or second storey. It will give you the extra space to comfortably live in your bungalow and make it more functional. When planning an extension or second storey, remember a few things. First, you need to ensure the addition is in keeping with the style of the bungalow. Second, you must consider the extra weight added to the bungalow and ensure the foundations can support it. Third, you need to get planning permission from your local council.
- Update the kitchen and bathroom with new fixtures and appliances: Updating the kitchen and bathroom with new fixtures and appliances is a great way to modernise your bungalow. The whole bungalow can feel old and run-down if your kitchen or bathroom is outdated. By updating these rooms with new fixtures and appliances, you’ll instantly give the bungalow a fresh, new look.
- Transform into a cozy home with new furniture and decor: One of the best ways to transform your bungalow into a cozy home is with new furniture and decor. If you have old, outdated furniture, it can make your bungalow feel cramped and uninviting. By choosing new furniture, you can create a warm and inviting space that you’ll love coming home to. When choosing new furniture, it’s important to consider the scale of the pieces and choose items that reflect your style. If you love collecting vintage finds, display them proudly in your bungalow. If you prefer a more minimalist aesthetic, choose simple and understated decor.
These are some of the top ideas for bungalow renovation in Auckland that will transform your home. With the right team and the right vision, renovations can be an exciting and rewarding experience. Contact a reputable renovator today to learn more about the renovation if you’re considering renovating your bungalow.